The #1 Resource for In-Depth Reviews of the Hottest GPS Golf Watches
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our website. You are here because like many of us, you are a golf fanatic, and are looking for ways to shave a few strokes off your game. One way to accomplish this is to nail down your distances and understand where trouble is on the course. An accurate GPS golf watch can help you do just that.
Pros have caddies. They are a crucial part of the process for them, as they help them navigate the course, and help them determine which clubs to use, where and when to lay up, where trouble might be, and other important data that they analyze before each shot.
Realistically, most of us are not going to have a caddie with us when we play our rounds. Heck, most golfers will probably never play a round with a caddie by their side at all! This is where a tool like a GPS watch for golf can come into play.
A quality GPS golf watch will give you the important data you need so you can grab the right club, and give yourself the best chance at par or better, which is the name of the game!
We created GolfWatchReviews.com for one reason and one reason alone; to bring you the most in-depth reviews of the hottest golf watches on the market.
There are many makes and models to cover, and we will work hard to bring you reviews of the hottest items in the marketplace. To narrow down your search, you can choose the brand you are looking for below:
Garmin, Callaway, and Bushnell are the top dogs in the industry, so we will turn our focus to their products. If you are looking for information on a make or model you don’t see covered on this website, feel free to reach out and we will turn our researchers loose to ensure you get some valuable info before making your purchase.
Below we will share some other thoughts and findings with you to help you in your quest for finding the best golf watch for you.
Choosing the Best GPS Golf Watch
Choosing the best golf watch can be a tough choice. With all of the great brands and models on the market, it can be hard to decide which way to go. Just know this, the end ultimate goal (aside from looking cool 🙂 ) is improving your game.
When it comes to minimizing bad shots, every little tool can help. A quality GPS watch is one of the technological advancements in the game which provide instant feedback that can ultimately help you produce better results on the course.
Pre-loaded with thousands of courses, most golf watches come with other benefits as well. While a golf watch will not improve your skills or swing, they do offer the ability to evaluate certain aspects of your game in real time which can help you achieve better scores during your round.
Choosing the Best Golf Watch For You
What makes a great watch? Is it the number of courses in their database? Is it the additional data and functionalities it comes with? Do you need a great design with a GPS watch? All of these characteristics are important when choosing the best watch for you, but the goal is accuracy and reliability and we are here to help you weed through all the BS to bring you in-depth reviews that can serve a practical purpose. We even take the time to reveal the best golf GPS watch under $100, because we know that not everyone can invest in a top rated model.
Golf Watch Features (Things to Look For)
- Courses – The courses will come preloaded on most of the golf watches you find on the market nowadays. When talking about the better watches on the market, you will find that most of the top sellers will come with 40,00 or more courses loaded into their database.
- Screen – The screen represents the most important element of user experience. From the classic glass protection to the integrated touchscreen technology, quality GPS golf watches will offer a clear view of what a given hole has in store for you, while displaying key distances to hazards, front and back, and pin locations.
- Construction – When you consider the best choices, it is important to factor comfort and durability into the equation. For the most part, these watches are not cheap so you don’t want to see them breaking down or find that they are flat out uncomfortable once you hit the course. Read up reviews and keep an eye out for what other buyers are saying. Stay away from watches that break down or are uncomfortable.
- Score Keeping – One of the more advanced features of a golf watch is digital scoring. While most people don’t actually see this feature as mandatory, it can serve a purpose. Keep in mind that things change, and if a time does come where you want this feature and you decide to go with a watch that does not offer it, you could regret your purchase down the road. Having it does not mean you have to use it!
- Connectivity – Another important feature of the top rated golf watches is connectivity. As golf and life continue to evolve, connectivity becomes more and more important. Nowadays, you can answer calls, send text messages, use as a fitness tracker, and do so much more with a golf watch than you could in years past.
On this website, we have reviews for the BEST golf watches on the market. Below you will find a list of some of our top choices. You can read a little bit about them below, and also find links to read our full reviews for each top model.
In no particular order, here is more info on some of the best golf watches you can find on the market today.
Garmin Approach S60 GPS Golf Watch
The Garmin Approach S60 GPS golf watch is one of our top choices. It boasts a 4.75 rating from our reviewers, and for good reason. This watch comes with all of the bells and whistles, and truly is one of Garmin’s finest golf creations. Here are some of the pro’s and con’s. If you desire a bad ass in-depth review, click here.
- Silicone band
- Color touchscreen display
- 10 hours battery life in GPS moder
- 10 days battery life in watch mode
- 000 preloaded courses
- Shows distance to hazards
- Large for some users
Loaded with all the best features, this watch has a lot to offer. Garmin is a world wide leader in GPS, and their golf watches do not disappoint!
The Callaway ALLSPORT GPS golf watch represents an interesting solution to golfers that enjoy and partake in other areas of fitness evaluation. This cutting edge golf watch (also our highest rated at 4.9!) is an excellent tracker for golf and numerous other health related activities. For the price, this watch and it’s multi-sport functionality, offer one of the best (if not the best) all around sport watch for Callaway lovers. If this sounds interesting to you, we HIGHLY recommend you read our full review here.
- 30,000 preloaded courses
- Shows distances to the green
- Shows distances to hazards
- Great for running or cycling
- Water resistant
- Email notifications can be improved
- Some connectivity issues
This watch is definitely 1 of our top 2 watches we have reviewed to date, and for good reason. This sleek, stylish, versatile golf and fitness watch is guaranteed to please. Check out our full review or get more info about this watch on Amazon by clicking below.
The Bushnell Excel golf watch is one of our top choices when considering golf watches on the market. Our researchers say it comes in a hair over 4.6 of 5, which makes it one of our more popular choices. The watch comes with 35,000 courses in its database, a great shot distance calculator, and many other awesome features. If you want (we think you should) to read our comprehensive review, go ahead and click here to check it out.
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- Water resistant
- 35,000 preloaded courses
- Weather information
- Fitness step counter functionality
- Limited 3-hour battery life on GPS mode
This golf watch represents one of the interesting solutions when it comes to improved usability. It brings some of the best features you have come to expect from a Bushnell product. For the price, we are sure it would be a purchase you can feel good about once you put it to use.
Garmin Approach S6 Golf Watch
The Garmin Approach S6 golf watch is yet another highly touted golf watch from Garmin. This watch has a fantastic design, offers a color touchscreen, and if you are into other sports, it is waterproof up to 50 meters! There is much more to this watch than that, so be sure to read the full review by clicking here.
- Pin positioning
- Swing strength
- 10 hours battery life in GPS mode
- Course map view
- Touchscreen display
- Complicated for some users
- Shorter battery life than other high-end models
When weighing out all your options, this watch stacks up to the competition and holds it’s own against any other golf watch on the market. It’s Garmin, so you know it is going to be a great product with great customer support. Their reputation is as good as it get’s in the world of GPS.
Garmin Approach X40 GPS Golf Band
The Garmin Approach X40 golf band checks in with a 4.5 of 5-star rating from us folks at GolfWatchReviews.com. Bolstering a course library over 40,00 strong, this sleek GPS golf band is ready to track your shots on just about any course you can play. AS with all other Garmin products, you can expect nothing less than precision accuracy to key locations on the course which can help you navigate your round with ease. You can go here to read our full review of this awesome golf watch from Garmin.
- Auto shot analyzer
- 10 hours battery life in GPS mode
- Heart rate measurements
- Shows distance to greens and targets
- Continuous updates
- Reports of inaccurate heart rates
This watch was made for the golfer that loves the fine details. It has a built-in shot tracker and connects seamlessly to the Garmin golf app to allow you to check stats, distances, and more after your round. This is another great choice for any golfer looking to step up his or her game.
We hope this website has helped make your decision easier. Take your time, browse our site, and read up on as many models as you can. We are firm believers in the models we review on this site, so look around before making your decision.
We know damn well that all of these watches would look great on our wrist (or yours), but when it comes down to it, you make a choice and go with it. At the end of the day, any watch we review is going to be a great choice and welcome addition to your golf repertoire.
For many golfers, the Garmin Approach S60 is a great choice. It comes with a compact design and is very comfortable to wear with its silicone bands. The watch is also easy to use as it comes with the color touchscreen display. Most importantly, it’s accuracy is elite, and manages to offer thousands of courses to choose from.
Thanks for being here, we truly appreciate you taking the time to read through our website. Choosing the best golf watch to suit your needs is an important decision, and as a group of fellow golf enthusiasts, we take great pride in bringing value to the world of golf and hope you have found this information helpful.
Don’t ever hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about a particular model, or would like a review on something we have not covered yet.
Thanks again for stopping by. We hope that the information on this website has been helpful for you.
Til next time,
Hit em straight!